Home Page Site Directory FAQ Contact Us Directions About Us
Patient Services and Information More Health Information Resources and Links

Payment Methods and Billing

  • We accept cash for surgery however we do not accept personal checks.
  • We accept MasterCard and Visa.
  • We accept regular Medi-Cal and Emergency Medi-Cal.
  • Presumptive Medi-Cal for Prenatal Care
  • We accept most Insurance Plans such as HMO, PPO, IPA, EPO and many others.

Cash, MasterCard or Visa

Since 1973, we have provided affordable health care services to our patients. We have a sliding scale fee if you want to pay cash and you do not have Medi-Cal or Insurance coverage.

Regular Medi-Cal or Emergency Medi-Cal

If your income is low and you feel you need help to pay for your health care, you can apply for regular Medi-Cal or Emergency Medi-Cal. Emergency Medi-Cal is the type of Medi-Cal you should request if you are pregnant and you are seeking an abortion. You should be able to get it quickly. It is usually approved for one month at a time. You will need to show a positive pregnancy test result from the doctor's office. Call the information number to find out what else is required in order to apply for Medi-Cal.

If you can not go to your parents for help and you are a minor, you can apply for Emergency Medi-Cal. It will remain confidential. You should tell the social worker that you want it to remain confidential.

There is a large amount of paperwork to fill out for the application process.This can be a little overwhelming, especially if you are feeling upset and even nauseated. It can be very helpful to have a friend for support to help you get through the application paperwork. If you need the help financially, it will be worth your time and effort.

To Apply for Emergency Medi-Cal, we reccomend that you come into our clinic for the pregnancy test and we can then refer you to a location where you can apply for Emergency Medi-Cal and get it quickly and with the least delay.
We reccomend that you come to the clinic, instead of the processing center below, because our patients are reporting that it is taking longer to get the Emergency Medi-Cal at the main processing center.

To Apply for Medi-Cal, Emergency Medi-Cal, Food Stamps or AFDC-Aid to Families with Dependent Children, the main processing center is located at:

1919 Senter Road
San Jose, CA (5112

General Medi-Cal Information (408) 271-5500


In order to verify your insurance, you must bring in your insurance card and pertinent or necessary information. We will have you fill out some forms. We can usually get the insurance verified promptly but occasionally there are delays.

If you have an HMO, you most speak with you primary care provider- the doctor who is appoved by your plan-and request a referral to come here for your abortion. You must get this from the doctor, we can not get it for you. Emphasize to your primary care provider that you want to get the referral as soon as possible and you do not want to be delayed.

HMO Exceptions: Lifeguard and SCIPA do not require a primary care provider referral.

TIP-To Return to the LAST PAGE you visited, click on the BACK BUTTON at the upper left corner.
Home Page Site Directory FAQ Contact Us Directions About Us